“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching
down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes
There are many reasons to consider hiring an elder companion for your loved one:
* The primary caregiver(s) may need respite.
* There are no family members living nearby who are able to visit regularly.
* The closest family members do not have the ability to commit to caregiving.
* The family members do not have the necessary skills or training.
* There may be a need for a companion for additional social connection.
Elder companions provide company for people who live alone, especially those who are homebound. Companions function as an extra set of hands, eyes, and feet to the person you care for when
you can't be there and offer social interaction to help reduce isolation and loneliness.
Shannon's background in outdoor sports, varied creative skills and passion for connecting
with and comforting those in need, offers many options for an elder who might need some extra support or like a little company and inspiration!
Shannon will work with the family to create a plan of activities to support the elders interests and needs.
With regular companionship, there is opportunity for trust to develop that will support the elder and allow the family some respite, knowing their loved one is in good hands.
For availability and rates, please contact Shannon HERE